Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oregon's Waterfalls: Horsetail Falls and Wahkeena Falls

Next on the tour is Horsetail Falls.  See that?  It looks kind of like a horse’s tail.  

This Would Also Be Horesetail Falls

It's Horsetail Falls

Let’s take a moment and enjoy a calmer, more peaceful waterfall; Wahkeena Falls.  Almost a babbling brook, if you will.  The actual falling part of this one is upstream, but it was rainy and we didn’t want to make the trek up.

It's the Bottom of Wahkeena Falls

It's the Bridge at Wahkeena Falls

Also the Bottom of Wahkeena Falls

One More of the Bottom of Wahkeena Falls

3 comments:

  1. Are pictures 3-6 taken with your ND filter? I've been wanting to get daytime photos like that, but I have a lot of trouble with keeping it from being overexposed. Though as I write this, I realize that I didn't just try lowering the exposure on my camera. D'oh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, actually those are just hand held, longer exposures. I cranked up the aperture and set the shutter as slow as I could without overexposing the pictures. It helped that it was overcast and there was a lot of tree cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shot those hand held? You may have the most steady hands in the world then!

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.