Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Steamboat Panorama

This is a picture I took with my old Canon PowerShot A70.  It is actually 5 pictures stitched together to form this panoramic view of the scene.  I took this at the Steamboat ski resort in Colorado in 2006 over spring break.  It’s a pretty cool ski area with lots of trails and lots of lifts that can keep you skiing on new trails all day.  The problem with Steamboat is how far from I-70 it is located (although this may make it less crowded than ski areas that are closer to I-70).  It was a good trip and Steamboat is a good place to go if you’ve got a special reason to go there, or really don’t mind driving the extra hours, but there are plenty of excellent ski areas closer to I-70.

Anyway, enjoy the picture.  I stitched this together shortly after I took it, but I re-did it recently because I wanted to show more detail in the snow in the foreground; in my original it was blown out and just showed up as white.

Steamboat Panorama

6 comments:

  1. I know this one. It was my laptop screen saver until you sent the substation picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah, I remember that trip. It was the first time I ever went snowboarding. Good times.

    As for the picture, I like it, it is very good, but I am sure if I saw it full size it would be spectacular, because as it is, it reminds me of a postcard.

    Have you printed this out? I bet this is one of those photos that end up looking a lot better when printed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't printed this one, but you're right, it would look great printed. Seeing it in this smaller size on the computer definitely doesn't do it justice.

    If I remember correctly, you gave yourself a minor concussion on this trip and you were even wearing a helmet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...yeaaaaaaah..... I did that. Wasn't too fun, quite painful also!

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.