Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet Plane, Man

Well life has been pretty hectic lately; hectic but exciting.  Some of you already know about this, but I’ll save the story for the rest of you until I have photographic evidence to back my story.  This excitement in my life may be good in general, but it hasn’t been good for my website since I’ve (obviously) been neglecting my updating duties.  Anyway, I seem to be in a writing mood tonight, so hang on, this could go anywhere (I’ll try to keep it on point).

For the second year in a row, I headed to the Downtown Kansas City Airport Air Show; this time though, I had some friends to go with!  Had I gone alone again, I probably would have just stood outside the show in the same location I stood last year.  I would have gotten some good shots, but I wouldn’t have gotten this shot because the airplanes weren’t sitting out on the freeway.

Now, you don’t need to know this, and it’s not at all important to anything, but as the words rolled off my fingers just then, they decided I was going to post a different picture than I was originally planning on posting.  See, I told you this could get crazy!  Hang on folks.

Like I was saying, my friends wanted to go into the air show and see things up close and personal.  I was happy to do this, because I too wanted to go in, and I’m glad I did.  There were all sorts of airplanes and helicopters sitting around on the tarmac, and you’d better believe I got lots of pictures of all the interesting ones.  
(Editor’s Note:  I went back and read my American Chopper post to see how much I talked about going back to the air show in that one, and I pretty much just wrote the same thing I wrote in that post in this post’s second paragraph and this paragraph.  Sorry about the duplication, but I’m not going to delete it, so I guess I’m not really that sorry.)

This airplane is a T-45 Goshawk; a Navy trainer aircraft.  This also happens to be my dream aircraft; you know, for when I buy a jet and learn how to fly it.  I originally wanted a T-38 Talon, which I first saw at the Kansas Cosmosphere (which is an awesome place; you should go there sometime).  The T-38 however is capable of reaching supersonic speeds, so really, that would probably be overkill; I mean, come on.

I gave this single exposure photo a good helping of some sweet post-processing, and I really enjoy the results.  Hopefully you do too!

Also, today happens to be Veterans Day, so thank you to all of you who have served!  I hadn't necessarily planned to post a military related photograph on Veterans Day, but things turned out quite nicely in those regards.


T-45A/C Goshawk

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.