Saturday, May 1, 2010

Accidental Art

One interesting feature of film cameras is their ability to make cool double exposures with absolutely no effort on the part of the photographer.  Just take a picture, and then take another picture.  In fact, it takes more effort to not make a double exposure than to take one.  With that being said, let’s just pretend that I did this on purpose, and didn’t forget to advance the film in my camera.  I created art!

Sure, you could do this in photoshop, but who wants to do that?  Lame.  I don't edit film pictures; it's policy.

I took this/these (and the first Holga picture I shared) at the Gamble House in Pasadena.  It’s a kind of house that is famous for its architecture, kind of like a house built by Frank Lloyd Wright.  I later learned that it was Doc Brown’s house in Back to the Future.  Pretty cool.


holga.2

2 comments:

  1. Entertaining, I refreshed your page to see if you had replied to my comment on "Waiting." Lo and Behold, I find a new post that I have not received an email about.

    So what is the second shot? Some kind of ivy covered wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye; that's precisely what it was!

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.