Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Equipment!

As I alluded to in Slender-Snouted Crocodile, I recently bought a new piece of equipment; a vertical battery grip.  It's a pretty sweet little accessory for my camera.  It attaches to the bottom of my camera and has a shutter button and all of the other necessary buttons for me to control the exposure of my photographs while holding the camera in the portrait orientation.  It also holds two batteries which were included in my purchase.  When I bought it I figured it would be nice to have while shooting in portrait, but I hadn't expected it to be as much fun as I have found it to be.  Having this should encourage me to shoot vertically more often.  I don't regret this purchase for a second.

You can see the new grip at the bottom of my camera in this self-portrait I took while in Texas last week.

Me and Vertical Grip

1 comment:

  1. Pish posh. You're a landscape photographer, what are you doing shooting in portrait.

    Looks nice though. How much weight does it add?

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.