Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Put Him In!

Today’s bonus post is a crossover, not unlike popular TV series such as Homicide: Life on the Street and Law & Order, which have also done crossovers.  Last summer I went out shooting in Wichita with my Cousin and as I was taking this picture, unbeknownst to me, he was taking my picture.  As a cross-promotional endeavor, we decided to post each of our perspectives of the same scene.  I wanted to get a different angle on this statue that is in front of Wichita State’s Eck Stadium where they play baseball.  It isn’t always easy to set up for certain angles, and as you can see on Matthew’s page, this was one of those times.  As you’ll see, I’m pretty sprawled out on the concrete to get this angle.

Check out my Cousin Matthew’s take on the scene at http://matthewwellsphotography.blogspot.com/.  While you’re at it, check out his other work too.

Edit: Damn!  He outdid me in the humor department.. this time!

Put Him In Already
Exif information
Model Canon EOS 20D
Original date 2009:09:05 14:19
Exposure time 1/200 sec
Focal length 10mm
F-Stopf/10
ISO speed ISO-100
Exposure Bias0

2 comments:

  1. My money is that you're just a lazy bum and wanted to lie down!

    Nice picture though! Is this a single exposure HDR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiseguy, eh?

    It is a single exposure, but not an HDR. I did some smoothing and contrast adjustments in Photoshop (among other things I'm sure) which probably gave it the look you're referring to as a single exposure HDR look. I had taken 5 shots to make an HDR, but by the time I got around to editing it I was already moving away from HDR photography, and I thought the RAW looked so good it would have been a shame to HDR it.

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.