Friday, February 12, 2010

Beach Dune

I think it’s time to go back to the beach.  It’s warming up out here (it never really got cold to be honest, although one evening a woman in a fur coat angrily asked me if I was cold because I was wearing a t-shirt.  It was probably around 55 degrees, and I was not, in fact, cold.) and there are great photo opportunities at the west coast beaches; especially the Orange County beaches.  This picture was not taken out here though; I took this one a couple years ago in Florida.  I described the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches in earlier posts here and here, so I’ll spare you another long winded description, but I really love this place.  Did I mention three generations of Jewell’s vacation at Long Boat Key?

Eventually I’d like to be able to look back at this blog and see an evolution of my photography.  You can already do this somewhat, but when I go around posting 2 year old photos here and there, it can be somewhat difficult.  I can see a slight evolution in my post processing style, so that is nice, although some of my earlier work isn’t too far off from my current stuff.  I actually like this though, because my earlier work wasn’t usually edited too strongly.  How much evolution can there be though; this site isn’t even a year old yet.  I can definitely see an evolution when I look at some of my older unpublished photographs, and I can happily say, I’m getting better.  I can also say though that I’m still trying new things and not getting complacent in a style I’m familiar with.  At least I think so anyway.

White Sand
Exif information
Model Canon EOS 20D
Original date 2008:05:29 15:24
Exposure time 1/2500 sec
Focal length 18mm
F-Stopf/3.5
ISO speed ISO-100
Exposure Bias0

5 comments:

  1. I remember this photo, and that vacation. It was a lot of fun. However I did find out that driving through parts of Florida is like driving through West Kansas. You know what I mean, perfectly straight roads and all the scenery looks the same [Read: Boring driving]

    As far as your evolution goes, I can see it. You went from not having much editing, to that HDR phase, to what you are now which as far as I can tell is a grey area where you haven't quite got a style nailed down, but instead are just experimenting with what looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too; that place is great!

    As for my style Hew, you're right. I edit my photos however I feel like editing. I'm not constrained by a 'style'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to put in a request for what every photographer should be focusing on...animals with miniature ethnic hats on

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.