Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Desert Life

This is the desert.  It isn’t exactly what I imagine when I picture the desert.  I like a desert like the Sahara; sand for miles and excruciatingly hot.  But this is an American desert; just kind of scrubby.  This picture actually depicts a pretty good looking desert.  Not too many scrubby plants on the ground and some cool rock formations in the back.

I took this at Joshua Tree National Park.  Unfortunately, most of the time I was there it was cloudy and not especially pretty.  Luckily it cleared up in the afternoon and I got some nice looking pictures.  I want to go back soon.  Things are blooming and all that good stuff.  I want to get there before it gets too hot and everything dies again.  Also I’d like to do some night shooting there.  This time I forgot my tripod, otherwise I would have.  D’oh!


Desert Life
Exif information
Model Canon EOS 20D
Original date 2009:12:05 1:51 PM
Exposure time 1/400 sec
Focal length 10mm
F-Stopf/8
ISO speed ISO-100
Exposure Bias0

1 comment:

  1. After reading the title of this post, I was expecting a fox or some kind of critter, oh well.

    Why don't you head to Death Valley? I think that desert may be similar to the ones you are expecting and demanding.

    You could get some real good ultra long exposure night photography out in the desert! I am jealous, there is too much unnatural light around here that keeps me from being able to do it as successfully.

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.