Thursday, April 22, 2010

Splash!

I took this last Friday when I went down to the beach after work.  After this week, I probably need to do that again.  And I’m sure you have questions.  Did I get wet? Yes.  Did I clean my camera and lens really well?  Yes, always after the beach.  Did I fall in the ocean?  No, not yet, and hopefully never do.  Do I love going to the beach?  ¡Absolutamente!

There’s something I really like about square photographs.  They’re great.  But what’s the deal with “standard” size photo frames?  If you want a square frame, you won’t be able to get it at Hobby Lobby unless you build a custom frame.  You can order them online, but most of the websites I’ve seen that have them for sale don’t have good preview pictures of the wood.  For all I know I’m getting some cheap frame made out of plywood.  And how is their quality control?  Most of the frames I see in stores have defects; are these online stores the same way?

I guess I’ll figure out a way around it if I ever want to hang a square photo.  I think you’ll be seeing more natively square photos soon though… wink wink


Splash
Exif information
Model Canon EOS 20D
Original date 2010:04:16 5:57 PM
Exposure time 1/80 sec
Focal length 10mm
F-Stopf/8
ISO speed ISO-100
Exposure Bias0

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. Can't wait for our trip out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked Wal-Mart of Halmark? I feel like one of those two should have a square frame.

    Speaking of frames however, I still really like the "frame" you have your HDR of the power station in. Where'd you get that anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really shop at walmart. Does halmark have big frames? I got that frame for the substation at Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS SITE ARE PROPERTY OF JEREMY JEWELL. ANY UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMISSION WAS EXPLICITLY GRANTED BY THE OWNER.